Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS FI6324 connected to VTL or Tape Library

mpsotomayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one.

is its posible to connect directly my tape library quantum and my VTL quantum throught FCP to my FI6324?

if not. which is the best way to doit and who will create de corrects vsan or zoning for this scenario.

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, correct ! Connect each MDS with a UCS FI, building a dual FC fabric ! You will create a VSAN on each fabric (e.g. 10 on fabric A, 11 on fabric B) and then do FC zoning in each VSAN and fabric.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check the proper interop matrix https://ucshcltool.cloudapps.cisco.com/public/, and you will find that

• 59 : Direct connect of tape libraries is not supported

thanks for the info.

what i should choose in the operatibility matrix (1- Servers 2- Operative System 3- Products).

just for donwload de notes for our client.

regards

Fill out all the information regarding UCS, version, blade, OS, version, then select storage....

see attachment

thank now i got the summary.

in conclution between the FI6324 UCS mini and the tape library i need a MDS switch?

in my desing im using :

*-chassis blade with FI6324

*-4 blades BM200 M4 with VIC1340.

*-2 MDS 9132.

*-conect the MDS 9132 wth SFP 8Gbps FC with Fiber Optic cables LC-LC.

*- connect the Quantum Scalar I3 through the  MDS with the FI6324 UCS Mini with cable LC-LC OM4 and SFP8Gbps FC.

you think that would i have a problem in the installation moments?

Yes, correct ! Connect each MDS with a UCS FI, building a dual FC fabric ! You will create a VSAN on each fabric (e.g. 10 on fabric A, 11 on fabric B) and then do FC zoning in each VSAN and fabric.

Hi Walter

I am trying to P2V my backup server which has a tape library connected to it. Below is my setup

Setup.JPG

Please refer to my post and advise

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system/fiber-channel-tape-library-connectivity-to-esxi-cisco-ucs-5108/td-p/3677164

Direct connect means bypassing SAN switch?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: