cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM-SAN Permission Denied

harold.himes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MDS 9148 that I have been trying to configure, so I blew away the configuration and ran setup again. It looked normal, I could access it from putty but when I try to use DCNM-SAN to configure it I get "Permission Denied" on everything, new zoneset, new zone, etc. What am I missing?

1 Reply 1

On the MDS, check your DCNM snmp user's group permissions using the show snmp user command.

If it is anything other than network-admin, run the following command to give your DCNM user admin access:

snmp user YourUsername network-admin

If you continue to have access problems, try removing the non-admin user groups from your user's authority list:

no snmp user YourUsername network-operator

Make sure that your DCNM snmp user has a strong password!!!

======================================================================================

If my answers have been helpful in any way, please rate accordingly.  Check out my blog for useful vSphere & UCS tips: www.vmtrooper.com

====================================================================================== If my answers have been helpful in any way, please rate accordingly. Check out my blog for useful vSphere & UCS tips: www.vmtrooper.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: