cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel two cisco 3750 stacks for iscsi?

Colin Craig
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites connected by 96 strands of fibre. At each site I have an IBMv7000 relicating to the other one. For iSCSI traffic I have two Cisco 3750 switches, each are in 2 switch stack. 

SAN A                         Fibre Link                          SAN B

|                                                                        |

Cisco Stack A =========================Cisco Stack B

iSCSI Clients                                                       iSCSI Clients

My question: Is it ok to connect the the two stacks with etherchannel using the fibre links? Will is provide the necessary redundancy, if one of the interfaces goes down?

2 Replies 2

e.nieuwstad
Level 1
Level 1

yes you can create a cross stack etherchannel. You have to use LACP though PAgP doesn't support it.

What model numbers of 3750 are you using?

What is the distance between the stacks as this will dictate your fiber run modules.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: