cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Manager - switches status - No Traps.

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings,

When I am looking at the Fabric in Fabric Manager, the switches present information like name, etc.. and tere is a Status entry. I see Status of No Traps. What does it mean?

Stephen

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

If you get yellow text 'No Traps' in FM client means that the FM has not registered trap address on this switch successfully and hence not receiving traps from those switches. It may be that the trap address table is full (max is 10 entries) on the switch. If table is full, then delete any stale/unused addresses in the switch. The FMS's next periodic poll will add it's trap address to the switch and the 'No Traps' warning will go away after this. Try

refreshing the Switch table in the FM client to see an updated status.

And also check the Switches remain manageable even when "No Traps" is displayed. Then you are hitting bug CSCta72679. To workaround this Rediscovering the Fabric will change the status back to "ok" but this is only a temporary solution.

Thanks for the response. Does FM do something with traps from the switches? I didn't think it could receive traps. Should I put the FM server entry into the trap addresses on the switches?

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: