Views
Helpful
Replies

How to share SAN storage between FCoE Servers

m.rezaei.1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I connected SAN storage with FC to N5K.My servers connect to N2K with FCoE,every FCoE needs a VSAN,for example server 1 in VSAN10 and server 2 in VSAN20 and SAN storage in VSAN30.Because servers and storage are in different VSAN I can not communicate between storage and servers. How I can do that?

any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!fcoe.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eappiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

To clarify you don not need to put each fcoe connection in its own vsan. Typically, the host and storage that you want to be able to communicate need be put in the same vsan. Devices in different vsans will not be able to communicate; this can be done under a feature called IVR (inter-vsan routing) that is only available on the MDS and nexus 7k platforms. 

In the example you give below, you need to choose one vsan number to put server 1 ,2 and san storage in. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

eappiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

To clarify you don not need to put each fcoe connection in its own vsan. Typically, the host and storage that you want to be able to communicate need be put in the same vsan. Devices in different vsans will not be able to communicate; this can be done under a feature called IVR (inter-vsan routing) that is only available on the MDS and nexus 7k platforms. 

In the example you give below, you need to choose one vsan number to put server 1 ,2 and san storage in. 

Thank you eappiah.

my mistake is put each VFC in separate VSAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: