Views
Helpful
Replies

I/O Accelerator

Dinjamin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I see the following in the Cisco MDS 9000 Family I/O Accelerator Configuration Guide

Limitations and Restrictions:

IOA clustering framework uses IP connectivity for its internal operation. In Cisco NX-OS Release 4.2(1), if an IOA cluster becomes nonoperational due to IP connectivity, IOA flows are brought down to offline state. In this state, the hosts may not be able to see the targets. To accelerate the IOA flows, the IOA cluster must be operational and there must be at least one IOA switch in each site that is online within this IOA cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/sw/nx-os/configuration/guides/ioa/ioa_config.pdf

Does this in effect mean that SAN IOA functionality is totally dependent on the reliability of the IP network between the cluster nodes?

thanks ...

1 Reply 1

I don't know if you already got the answer, but I think you can use IPoFC functionality to maintain unified FC and IP traffic for cluster management. However, I've never used interface vsan strategy, so any input will be still welcome :-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card