cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS 9513 in a Telco Rack?

josetincopa
Level 1
Level 1

We recently purchased 2 - MDS 9513 SAN switches.  The only place to install them in our data center is in 2 Telco racks.  I realize this is unsupported and we are on our own in terms of how to physically install this.  We have placed one on a shelf and are looking for a way to secure or fasten the system to the rack somehow.  The mounting ears can't be used because the unit is too deep to be flush mounted.

Has anyone out there been forced to use a Telco rack?  If so, do you have any ideas on how to fasten to the rack?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

mattkauffmann
Level 1
Level 1

Jose,

can't you move the ears back?  I just looked at our 9513's and there are what appear to be two more sets of holes on the sides for the ears. This is a picture of one or our 9509's in a telco rack and it came with the big plates that bolt to the telco rack that the switch sits on for this kind of mounting.  I believe the 9513 (and 9509) chasiss are the same as the big Catalyst switches and we have those telco rack mounted all over the place so I bet you could get some of these mounting plates from Cisco (or your reseller.)