Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS mgmt 0 duplex mismatch

dvandewege
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with a MDS 9124 which has a duplex mismatch with a WS-C2960G-24. When setting both port to auto/auto the WS-C2960G-24 displays: Full-duplex, 100Mb/s while the MDS displays BW 100 Mbps half Duplex. This issue results in a duplex mismatch notification: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on GigabitEthernet0/14 (not half duplex), with MDS1(FOX) mgmt0 (half duplex).

When setting speed to 100 and duplex to full for int mgmt 0 it seems like this setting doesn't get active in the config and resulting to the same notification.

MDS1#how run int mgmt 0: 

version 4.1(3a)

interface mgmt0
  ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

MDS1#

To temporarily disable the message logging I did the following:

interface GigabitEthernet0/14
speed 100
duplex half

But this is not a desirable situation.

The other MDS switch is connected to the same 2960 with a similar config, but doesn't have the same problem.

Is this a known issue? How to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Dimitry

7 Replies 7

Hi,

You have to set 100 Mbps duplex full on both MDS and 2960.

Try and let me know.

I hope this helps,

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

Hi,

Yes I did but this is the outcome:

MDS1(config-if)# switchport duplex full

MDS1# sh run int mgmt 0
interface mgmt0
  ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

The MDS is unreachable from the network for a while after submitting the "switchport duplex full" command but it seems that the command wasn't persistent.

Kind regards,

Dimitry

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the past, I have seen similar behavior in lab. Fix of CSCte76880 will help.

Thanks for your reply,

I found the caveat at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/sw/nx-os/release/notes/19964_08.html

So that probably means a sw upgrade.

Kind regards,

Dimitry

did you upgrade code?

has it resolved the issue?

Yes the upgrade was performed. After the upgrade I was able to set the speed and duplex settings. So this action cleared the duplex mismatch messages.

Kind regards,

Dimitry

Hi, I couldn't find the "fixed-in" 5.0(3.5),5.0(2.29),4.2(7.11)S0,4.2(7)S2

versions in the download section in order to resolve the duplex mismatch error in the switch.what could be the alternate version to this issue? If we change to auto, will it reflect in the mgmt0 port? Which version you upgaraded to fix this problem?

please clarify.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Muruganantham A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: