cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5020 FCoE switch

paulcheng98
Level 1
Level 1

Does it auto negotiate speed down to 100 Mb ?

I'm trying to connect to an emulation target with slow speed.

3 Replies 3

mfrase
Level 1
Level 1

No, sorry the first 16 ports of the Nexus 5020 can be set to "speed 1000" (1 gig) no auto negotiate, no 100Mb

What FCoE Target device supports anything less then 10GiG connection, none that I know of unless some home grown test setup you are trying to do.

>No, sorry the first 16 ports of the Nexus 5020 can be set to "speed 1000" (1 gig) no auto negotiate, no 100Mb

Thanks for the reply.

In that case, I can have one 1 Gb switch sitting between my emulation target and the 5020 switch.

Can I just set only 1 port instead of first 16 ports to "speed 1000"?

Example, You can install a supported 1 gig SFP in any of on the first 16 ports, i.e. here interface 1/2,

interface Ethernet1/2
  switchport mode trunk
  speed 1000

You will not be able to support FCoE connection on that 1 gig interface , The no-drop, PFC, DCB requirements needed for FCoE would need to be supported on the switch that you talk of connecting to the 1 GigE interface. It cannot be a classic ethernet switch if wishing to do FCoE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: