cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 - DCNM - SAN Connectivity

brandon.jasper
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue seeing the switch and managing VSAN's and zoning from within DCNM Fabric Manager.  Device Manager and Fabric Manger discover the switches, however, Fabric Manager won't let me configure anything.   When I try to edit the local zone database of the active VSAN I get the error message, "SNMP: No Switches are available".  The switch in the picture pane has a red line across the switch too....   What am I missing here?  Is there configuration inside the 5548 to allow me to manage? 

FC ports are setup and active as FC devices show up in Flogi just fine.  I'd rather not manage this via CLI!

5 Replies 5

andlevin
Level 1
Level 1

Please reference compatibility matrix to see if platform and nx-os is supported by the version of DCNM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

It was a BUG!

Was it a bug in the 6.2(3) DCNM code? I am curious as I just checked my web gui and the switches running 5.2(1) NX-OS I am able to access and modify but I have 2 other fabrics running 5.2(8d) and am not able to make any changes to them at all. 

johnnyjumpup
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this issue two in one of my 3 DCNM environments all of a sudden.  Everything is the same DCNM version 6.2(3) and the switches are running system software on all switches are 6.2(1) .  The only thing that I have done was connect some Cisco Blade NPV switches.

Do you have a identical account on all your switches, that DCNM will use to discover the fabric ??

snmp-server user dcnmuser network-admin auth md5 0x6b3840092a813d835f2597c2c340d

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: