cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passed the storage CCIE !!

colin.mcnamara
Level 4
Level 4

I just got the email. Stephen, Yinglam, you guys should totally do it. With your practical knowledge you will rock it.

Colin McNamara

CCIE #18233

2 Replies 2

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

Colin,

Well done. With some luck, I will have a bunch of new MDS switches in the next month or two. Its been hard working in a Brocade shop for the last six months. So once I have them, I can start getting my hands dirty again which will give me more confidence to sit the exams. That's depending on whether I can do the lab in Sydney or my wife gets to see a space shuttle launch.

I hope you popped open a bottle of good bubbly for the occasion.

Stephen

Thanks, I think that you will knock it out of the park. It is a good test of hands on knowlege, and the proctors or proctor (there is only one SAN proctor in RTP) are pretty cool guys.

Interesting tidbit - There is only one physical rack for SAN gear. It is located in RTP, all other locations (brussels right now) shell in remotely. I don't know if they are thinking about building a second rack in Syndney, but my gut feel says no.

I didn't do the bubbly.. but I think that a good portion of a Guinness keg, and a bit of Tequila got recycled that night.

I swear it took about three days for my stomach to get back to normal.

--Colin

CCIE #18233

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: