Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-Channel configuration on MDS 9148 for FI

Ninad Thakare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 MDS 9148 switches, from which i have to configure 2 ports in port-channel of each MDS switch. which is connected on Cisco Fabric Interconnect 6248UP. Whenever I configure port channel on MDS and same as on FI, the ports of both the devices gets down administratively.

I have enabled following features on MDS:

feature npiv
feature fport-channel-trunk

whereas the ports as configured as "nontrunking" as I have read that its shouldn't e trunk when NPIV is enables, because it was showing a error while creating a port channel as " port mode not compatible ".

Please guide me configuring the port channel.

Regards,

Ninad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you enable F port channel trunking on UCS ? (I assume your UCS is in FC end host mode, NPV)

Enabling Fibre Channel Uplink Trunking

Note

If the fabric interconnects are configured for Fibre Channel end-host mode, enabling Fibre Channel uplink trunking renders all VSANs with an ID in the range from 3840 to 4079 non-operational.

Procedure
    Step 1  In the Navigation pane, click the SAN tab.
    Step 2  On the SAN tab, expand SAN > SAN Cloud.
    Step 3  Click the node for the fabric where you want to enable FC uplink trunking.
    Step 4  In the Work pane, click the General tab.
    Step 5  In the Actions area, click Enable FC Uplink Trunking.
    Step 6  If the Cisco UCS Manager GUI displays a confirmation dialog box, click Yes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Walter Dey
    VIP Alumni
    VIP Alumni

Did you enable F port channel trunking on UCS ? (I assume your UCS is in FC end host mode, NPV)

Enabling Fibre Channel Uplink Trunking

Note

If the fabric interconnects are configured for Fibre Channel end-host mode, enabling Fibre Channel uplink trunking renders all VSANs with an ID in the range from 3840 to 4079 non-operational.

Procedure
      Step 1  In the Navigation pane, click the SAN tab.
      Step 2  On the SAN tab, expand SAN > SAN Cloud.
      Step 3  Click the node for the fabric where you want to enable FC uplink trunking.
      Step 4  In the Work pane, click the General tab.
      Step 5  In the Actions area, click Enable FC Uplink Trunking.
      Step 6  If the Cisco UCS Manager GUI displays a confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
      Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: