Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended Storage Array

moh123321
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you pls help me on selecting or recommended a SAN storage unit for our network.....Pls note the attached specifications and note also that the toal capacity needed will be 850 TB

Thanks

M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

santkumd528
Level 1
Level 1

Density of storage from each port(ISCSI/FC), per TB of storage be no more than 2 ports per 15TB of storage... and you capacity need is 850TB... Most of the other conditions listed may be capable on most of the enterprise arrays..

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

santkumd528
Level 1
Level 1

Density of storage from each port(ISCSI/FC), per TB of storage be no more than 2 ports per 15TB of storage... and you capacity need is 850TB... Most of the other conditions listed may be capable on most of the enterprise arrays..

Thanks San and I'm looking for any recommended model from IBM,Nexus,EMC2.....with such capacity and spec.

all the high availability stuff that you mentioned is a given in any enterprise arrays, one thing that you did not mention is performance requirements ? How many IOPS, read to write ratio ..what application is this for. If you are talking about multiple hundreds thousand of iops and that much capacity then you are looking at VMAX class arrays.

@dynamoxxx

@dynamoxxx

The NAS unit is mainly for recording the motions for around 450 cameras, for a 3-6 months and the selected vendor has to has a presence here in Kuwait to better support the client in case of any failure.

Any ideas about the top name in enterprise solution with such capacity?

since you mentioned NAS, i would strongly consider Isilon platform from EMC. Scales up to 20 PB, great for sequential workloads.

@dynamoxxx

@dynamoxxx
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: