Views
Helpful
Replies

Restoring VSAN and Zoneset

eyemole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new switch - MDS 9706 version 8.1(1) and I am planning to make it the core and have it join the two MDS switches that are currently not connected - MDS9513 version 6.2(15) and a second MDS9506 version 6.2(17).

Before creating the ISL and merging the fabrics, I wanted to test the merger scenario. I have used the zone merge tool and all looks good. However, just to be on the safe side - I am planning to restore the VSAN and zones from the MDS 9513 to one of the new switch and the VSAN and zones from the MDS 9506 to the second new switch and check how the merger goes through.

A problem, i.e. I am not able to lay my hands on a proper document or set of instructions on how to backup and restore just entire zoning information. Configuration restore is not an option, as the switch models are different and I do not want to replace the IPs.

Any helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Regards.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: