Views
Helpful
Replies

SAN Switching Nexus 93180YC-FX and 2348UPQ

MW6
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently trying to create a SAN configuration.
Here I use two Nexus 93180YC-FX and 2348UPQ.
The servers are connected directly to the 2348UPQ via FCoE.

I have already done the following configurations:
- Feature set FCoE enabled
- Zoning created
- QoS
- service map
- VLAN - VSAN mapping
- Membership Interfaces -> vSAN
- FCoE enabled on Fex
- MTU increased

Unfortunately, the vSAN on the server port remains on init.
According to the Config Guide, the FibreChannel features should have been upgraded, but this solution does not work.

I read in some guides that the switching mode is not supported with FEX.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/nx-os/nexus9000/103x/configuration/san-switching/cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-san- switching-configuration-guide-release-103x/m-hardware-support.html

For this reason I have already switched the Nexus 93180YC-FX to NPV mode and activated an MDS as NPIV core switch. Unfortunately the vsan remains on init.

2 Replies 2

Celso Silva
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that you are having trouble configuring a SAN with two Nexus 93180YC-FX switches and a 2348UPQ switch. The servers are connected directly to the 2348UPQ switch via FCoE. You have already enabled the FCoE feature set, created zoning, configured QoS, created a service map, mapped VLANs to VSANs, added the server ports to VSANs, enabled FCoE on the FEX, and increased the MTU. However, the vSAN on the server ports remains in the init state.

According to the Cisco Config Guide, you should upgrade the FibreChannel features. However, this solution does not work. You have also read that the switching mode is not supported with FEX.

Based on this information, I believe that the issue is with the zoning configuration. Make sure that the zoning configuration is correct and that the servers are in the same VSAN. You can use the following commands to verify the zoning configuration:

show zoning
show fcoesvni

If the zoning configuration is correct, then the issue may be with the FCoE configuration. Make sure that the FCoE configuration is correct and that the servers are in the same FCoE domain. You can use the following commands to verify the FCoE configuration:

show fcoe
show fcoe interface

If the FCoE configuration is correct, then the issue may be with the hardware. Make sure that the switches and the servers are compatible with FCoE. You can use the Cisco HCL to verify the compatibility of the hardware.

If you have verified the zoning configuration, the FCoE configuration, and the hardware compatibility and you are still having problems, then you should contact Cisco Technical Support for assistance.

VNi
Level 1
Level 1

hi, 

did you resolve this issue? also, how did you configure jumbo mtu and fcoe traffic priority on the device? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: