cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSAN down in new switch after ISL

Sanjesh Kishore
Level 1
Level 1

I am connecting a new MDS9148(NX-OS 5.0) to existing MDS9509 (SAN-OS 3.3). Just connecting single ISL between the switches and created new VSAN 8 in the new switch. There is VSAN 8 in the existing switch which I want to merge into the new switch. After ISL, the VSAN 8 in the new switch says down and VSAN data will not merge. VSAN 8 in 9509 is running in interop mode 1 due to some older blade chassis connection. I have tried setting the same interop mode in the new switch but it still will not merge.

There is another VSAN in 9509 which is running in native mode and this VSAN merges sucessfully. Is there any restriction in merging VSANs running in interop mode 1? Did anyone else experienced this before?

Reagrds

2 Replies 2

Sanjesh Kishore
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved my own issues.

There was a old Brocade switch in the fabric with confliction domain ID. Also in interop mode 1 the domain IDs has to be between 97 and 127.

Hi Sanjesh,

I'm glad to hear you've resolved your issue.

Here's a link to our online doc. that covers MDS interoperability with 3rd party switches (e.g. Brocade, McData, ...):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/interoperability/guide/interopgd.html

...the above should help if anyone else ends up finding this thread with interoperability issues.

Regards,

Ken