Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS250 - Ge Access switch to Trunk as soon as I connect the equipment

Ciscorudy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I'm opening this thread because I have a problem with one of my switches cisco small business CBS250.

I have different VLANs configured with access ports.
Unfortunately when I connect a certain type of ehternet equipment it switches my access port to truck without any action from me.

How is it possible that connecting a network device to the port causes the access port to become a trunk?

This should not be allowed, especially since it causes problems.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Auto Smartports feature available on Cisco Catalyst switches allows a port to automatically detect that you’ve attached a device it can recognize  , but it often leads to trouble , check the port configuration and disable it if found , also check the global device configuration and or you can also disable the smartport feature globally ,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

KJK99
Level 1
Level 1

@Ciscorudy 

So strange. Maybe you have the smartport feature enabled?

Kris K

Hello,

Many thanks for yours answer.

Where is the feature smartport ?

The Auto Smartports feature available on Cisco Catalyst switches allows a port to automatically detect that you’ve attached a device it can recognize  , but it often leads to trouble , check the port configuration and disable it if found , also check the global device configuration and or you can also disable the smartport feature globally ,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

Thank you for this answer. 

Indeed the issue was le smartpot feature on auto.

Now it's work.

Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X