cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business 250

sgbrandon
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning, I'm sure this will seem like an easy question for some of you.  I have a CBS25024T4XNA Cisco Business 250 switch and I'm looking to set up some VLANs, but every time I think I have it right, I plug into one of the new ports set up for a VLAN, the switch stops sending traffic on any port and resets.  I have left ports 1-12, and sfp ports 1-4 all as default vlan 1, and set 13-24 as vlan 20 untagged.  SFP port 4 is the drop port from my datacenter.  Is there anything special I need to be able to do on the drop port for any VLAN to communicate outside the switch through that port?  I have a /28 that I'm splitting with a friend who I share the cabinet with and we were trying to put his traffic on a different VLAN.  He was going to take 6 of the IPs and a /64 on his half of the switch.  Please advise, thank you!

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...on any port and resets

- Check the logs when this happens

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X