cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Constantly logged out of SG350 GUI

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

Despite having the console timeout set for 30 minutes, an SG350-28P running firmware 2.3.5.63 is kicking me out after a few seconds to a minute or so.  I've not used a stop watch, but it's definitely not 30 minutes (nor was it 10 which is the default).  This happens in IE11, Chrome 63 or 64, and Edge on Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2016, or Windows 10 Pro.  Surely I'm doing something wrong.  Thoughts?

63 Replies 63

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terabyte,

Console timeout is used for when you are connected using a serial cable under CLI.

If you wish to change the GUI timeout you need to tweak the http/https session timeout values.

Thanks,
Kris

If you found this post useful please rate it so other users can benefit as well.

Not helpful.  I have the same problem: everything is set to time out after 30 minutes but it'll kick me out after 4 or 5 minutes, tops.  Sometimes just a few seconds.  WTH?  This is on an SG350 with Tesla firmware.

Same here with multiple sg350x with all idles set to 30mins or never. I get 5 mins max before being kicked off. Very frustrating. 

spoov
Level 1
Level 1

Same here; makes it extremely frustrating to do anything beyond the most simple conf changes.   How is this still not fixed?

I am also having this problem on SG550X running Firmware 2.5.5.47

Tried Chrome and Edge and get logged out after a few minutes. Especially when i switch tabs away to other things in the browser.

This was also happening on several previous firmware for the last two years.

JoelF153045
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue with SG350 series switches timing out for no apparent reason. Set to Never - still times out at varying timeframes such as a seconds or minutes. It seems worse when you change tabls in a browser.

Anyone have a solution?

CrzHrs
Level 1
Level 1

No solution yet. However i'd ask also for porting the new interface due too many windows opening here and there..

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Terabyte 

@CrzHrs 

@JoelF153045 

@Michael Benadiba 

@spoov 

Hello all,

We are in the early stage of investigating the problem. Please do open a tech support case with STAC so we can gather as much information as possible. Contact details are as follows:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html 

Regards,

Martin

@Terabyte 

@CrzHrs 

@JoelF153045 

@Michael Benadiba 

@spoov 

Hello all,

This has been filed as a bug CSCvw65642 which is now under investigation. There is a workaround that fix this issue by doing the following configuration changes. Please do the following:

1. Access the switch with HTTPS.

2. Change the timeout session to never and save the config.

3. Leave the “Alert icon Blinking” option enabled, save the running-config to startup-config.

4. Disable “Alert icon Blinking”

If the “Alert icon Blinking” option is not enabled, the issue does not show up and the switch page will never time out.

Regards,

Martin

Is there any firmware in which this problem is solved? Our do we have to live with it.

This issue is still occurring despite disabling "Alert icon Blinking". Any resolution coming? We are going to purchase more switches but are going to get them from Dell if we can't get this fixed. 

SG350X-48 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Managed Switch

Active Firmware File: image_tesla_cbs350_hybrid_2.5.7.85_release_cisco_signed.bin
Active Firmware Version: 2.5.7.85

Sadly the bug has been ignored for multiple generations of the SGxxx switches.

Yep, and it seems to be still in the new products because I have the same problem in CBS350 devices. Wouldn't these devices be so good for price/performance in my eyes this would be a big no go...

Hi all,

We apologize for the inconvenience. The fix should be included in firmware release 3.2.x.x which is estimated to be released on January 2022

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X