Views
Helpful
Replies

ESW-540-24 suspended port/s

ali-franks
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I have a customer with a ESW-540-24 running the versions shown below.

Software Version2.1.21
Boot Version1.0.0.04

The snag I have is that whenever I connect an AP via the power injector, it suspends the port. Using a laptop it's fine connecting straight into the switch.

Hardware is:

SB-PWR-INJ1

WAP321-E-K9

When I go to port settings > edit in the GUI, it shows the port as suspended and despite checking the box to reactivate the port, it still shows as suspended. I've disconnected the AP and tried the reactivation again but still no joy.

I've been through the management GUI and looked at all the security related stuff and there is nothing I can see that will cause this - must have missed something though - can anyone shed any light please?

Many Thanks

Alastair

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ali, on the ESW you must set the smart port roles through the Wizard.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah tried that too but when you first log in to the switch and click Smartport Wizard, the new window opens OK but does not allow me to select a port

I tried hovering over the port on the switch image that appears, selecting it, then selecting the Access Point profile from the dropdown, them it whinges words to the effect of "You must select a port to apply the profile to"

I thought that might be a bug in the software so upgraded to 2.1.21 but the same thing happens.

Hi Ali 99% of the time on this switch it is smart port profile.

On the dashboard, the marking is very feint, sometimes I can't even see it. When you choose the port it may have a light yellow tint when trying to change it.

Try to click the port only once from the dashboard and see if it lets you.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X