cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Please! Setting up SNMP on a ESW 540 48 port switch

ericwass1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There!  This is my first post and I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to SNMP.

We are trying to evaluate our network performance, so we have downloaded a copy of Solarwind’s Orion and installed it on a server.  The topology is as follows.

A SBS 2003 R2 Server running normal programs.  A second Server 2003 R2( IP 1.2.3.4) running a proprietary program for the business and, hopefully, Orion soon.  The two servers and about 20 XP professional workstations are connected to the esw 540 48 port.  An uplink is attached to a consumer grade Linksys that has 5 workstations attached.  I was told to install SNMP on the workstations behind the Linksys, so I did with the community name = public, Rights = Read Only, and Accept packets from these hosts = localhost and server 1.2.3.4

I am wondering what configuration I need to do (it is confusing to me) through the cisco web application to set up the switch so that it will communicate with server 1.2.3.4 and the Orion program.  We may switch programs in the future (we are not tied to Orion), but it is what we have to set up the switch with.  I am mainly looking for network throughput information and usage.

There are just so many options.  Any help would be appreciated….   eric

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X