cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IGMP Proxy on the SG350

dennypage
Level 1
Level 1

In section 15, page 336, The 2.3.X Administration guide indicates that the unit will forward multicast packets on a downstream interface only if the device is the multicast querier for that interface. However, the device will not allow a downstream interface to be a querier.

I have two VLANs, VLAN1 and VLAN2. In "Multicast->IPv4 Multicast Configuration->IGMP Snooping", both are configured with "IGMP Snooping Status" and "IGMP Querier Status" enabled.

However, when I go to "Multicast->IPv4 Multicast Configuration->IGMP Proxy", and attempt to set VLAN1 as an upstream and VLAN2 as downstream, I receive the following error message: "Vlan 2: VLAN IGMP snooping querier enable prevents executing VLAN IGMP L3 querier enable."

If I disable "IGMP Querier Status" for VLAN2, then setting the IGMP proxy will work, however no packets are actually forwarded.

If I reverse the steps, creating the proxy first and then attempting to enable the querier, I receive this error message: "Vlan 2: VLAN IGMP L3 querier enable prevents executing VLAN IGMP snooping querier enable."

Best that I can tell, IGMP Proxy is broken on the SG350.

Thanks,

Denny

1 Reply 1

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Denny,

Thank you for your post and sharing your observation. To investigate the issue it will be better if you can case raise a service request with us. Please follow the link provided below and contact the front-line number for your region to generate a service request.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

It will be better to have the Switch configuration file (along with the login credentials), log details, Network Topology and ‘Tech-support information’ from the Switch attached on the service request for investigation purpose.