cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid Default Login (SX350X-12-K9 V03)

dossmann
Level 1
Level 1

Purchased and installed a Cisco SX350X-12-K9.  When attempting to connect to the webUI, the default credentials of cisco/cisco return an "Invalid user name or password" error.  After resetting the switch to default settings (by holding the reset switch for a full 10 seconds), and waiting several minutes for the device to finish rebooting, I tried again.  Unfortunately, the same error pops up.  I'm at a loss here, as every resource I've been able to find online all indicate that cisco/cisco should work.  If there's no alternative, I can try connecting to the console port and/or interfacing with the CLI, but I'm unable to locate any documentation about the CLI on the Cisco site (in fact, I'm unable to locate a manual or other device-specific document that identifies the SX350 rather than the SG350).

After calling Cisco I was rudely told I had to buy a service contract for them to help, which is equivalent to pouring lemon juice into an open wound.  

This device was purchased new, though the return window has already expired (due to various factors that caused the install date to be pushed back for over 6 months...).

Perhaps the default username and password were previously set to some other value when this switch was originally built? The WebUI contains a copyright data of 2011-2019.  The model number also contains "V03" at the end.

Any assistance would be welcome.

2 Replies 2

Hi,

you can try login via console port. you need to connect console port to your PC's COM port or use USB-COM converter. then use putty software to connect to console with below settings.

• 115200 bits per second
• 8 data bits
• no parity
• 1 stop bit
• no flow control

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb4984-access-the-cli-via-putty-using-a-console-connection-on-300-a.html

Good luck

KB

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X