cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAG fail after rebooting (SWITCH CBS-350-24T-4G)

lauri.daniele
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I just buy 2 new CBS350-24T-4G switches and deployed them on my LAN. The uplink trunk is a LAG (No LACP) with the last two SFP ports (G27+G28). This switch is linked with a veteran SG-350-28SFP. The problem is that: everything is working fine (four VLAN), but after re-booting the LAG port group become "Access" and the VLANs Fail. I try to disable bonjour, LLDP and CDP. Nothing, the LAG setting change after rebooting. All the other settings regarding the switch are normal and save after boot. I am using the last firmware 3.1.1.7 of course.

I have to disable the LAG configuration to use the switch normally. Because after reboot there is a network FAULT. What's happening CISCO ?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this document and or configure port settings accordingly :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt-2239-configuring-lag-settings-on-a-switch-through-cli.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello marce1000, thank you for your answer, but currently the matter is not the LAG settings. When used is working fine. The matter is that after a power outage (or reboot), the LAG settings change by itself (only the side of CBS350-24t-4g). In deep the LAG become "ACCESS" and nobody ask for this changing. That's all.

For instance other side of link, where a SG350-SFP receice the LAG, the settings is set as TRUNK. So any "invite" to change port settings and use "native VLAN". It looks as anomaly firmware.

- Could you check and or look at the SG-side if any macro auto settings are set per port or globally , if so remove them from the interface configuration and globally (too). You may also look for these at the CBS-side and act accordingly. For the SG verify this globally with : show macro auto processing  and on an individual port use : show macro auto ports [interface-id | detailed] . The latter commands may also work on the CBS

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Finally I understood whi some ports, time to time, become 'trunk' with Motorola AP ...

I read this tutorial:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350x-series-stackable-managed-switches/smb5247-configuring-smartports-on-the-sg350xg-and-sg550xg.html

and by webGUI wanted remove globally this Auto Smartport function. You suggest too.

Please help me to understand, whi after apply DISABLE on Administrative Auto Smartport, the switch went into a complete block. It is a "star-point" and all the company were distrupted. Beside it was not possible to get in webGUI with usual admin credential (or default cisco user ...). It was need a Factory Reset procedure, than deploy a new fresh configuration. The most painful day of my life ! I would like understand what's happened there ....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X