Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Based Dynamic VLAN Configuration on Cisco SG 550x

Arpit Christie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I would need your expert help in configuring my new Cisco L3 SG 550x. I just procured the got the device and need help to configure MAC based VLANs. As, we have WIFI users who will be roaming between multiple APs in our Organization.

My main goal is to achieve VLAN mechanism where in the DHCP will be configured on SG 550x  with MAC binding for each user and had to use 5 different Dynamic VLANs where in the user will be a wireless or a cabled one but will always fall under his respective VLAN ID whenever connects in the network.

Any help from your end would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Arpit Christie

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this document can help you : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5657-configure-mac-based-vlan-groups-on-a-switch-through-the-cli.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello @marce1000 ,

I tried to follow your solution but whenever I set VLAN interface IP address my switch stops responding and I have to forcefully reboot or reset it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Arpit Christie

- Check logs when that happens.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X