cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MULTICAST VLAN - NO OTHER CONNECTIONS WORKING

teamtrevolus
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CISCO CBS 350 28 Port Network Switch which has 16 Crestron NVX Encoders and Decoders used for Multicast Video Streams. The encoders are used to convert my laptop hdmi output to Multicast Video Packets and stream it to the decoders which then convert them from IP Packets to HDMI video output. I also have other devices like a Crestron Processor and other control devices connected to the same switch.

We have configured the Cisco Switch to do Multicast, IGMP v2, Fast Leave, IGMP Querier. My Multicast Streaming is working well as i can send any of my video inputs to any of the connected displays and it works well. But the problem is :

The other devices connected to the same network switch which need to interact with my Crestron Processor over a TCP Socket connection. Those devices are unable to make a socket connection with my Crestron Processor over HTTP Port 80 or any other port. The devices connects briefly and then disconnects and connects and disconnects. We are unable to get a steady TCP socket connection to control other NON MULTICAST DEVICES.

When i start a video stream, all the NETWORK PORT link lights of my network switch start blinking rapidly.

I keep getting this message from the other connected devices.

2022-03-15 20:37:55 # Unable to start the TCP/IP connection

Could my multicast stream packets blocking or flooding my network switch such that other communication is jammed.When i start a video stream, all the NETWORK PORT link lights of my network switch start blinking rapidly.

I have shared my Network Switch running-config file.

Any advise would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the CBS350 when all of this happens or configure a syslog server (preferred)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the CBS350 when all of this happens or configure a syslog server (preferred)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

thank you marce for your response.

I have a second question :

I have worked with a  Cisco CBS350 network switch for a multicast application in an office.

This switch allows me to do MULTICAST VLAN with a feature to forbid a port from receiving multicast traffic. This switch has options like forwarding, forbidden and static. I think this feature available when is called Bridge Multicast Filtering is enabled ( Im not sure )

Question : Is this only a Layer 3 Switch feature or even Layer 2 Switches like Cisco Catalyst 1000 Series

In Layer 2 Switches can we forbid a Port from receiving MULTICAST TRAFFIC, like how we have it in CISCO CBS 350