cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a smart POE powered CBS that also does passthrough POE-PD

WAB-IT
Level 1
Level 1

With Cisco's new on-prem Small Business offerings, I am able to deploy networks using all Cisco gear!  Before hand For SMB/SOHO, I would use Netgear, Tplink, Trendnet, Linksys, 3Com, Ubiquiti, MikroTik, etc... I feel these other brands were ever only able to gain any market share to begin with, because in the past Cisco pretty much ignored the SMB SOHO segment. But based on my recent experience with the new Cisco Small Business line, Cisco is now taking this segment very serious. The pricing is so competitive, and tech support options so vast, you shouldn't deploy a new SMB/SOHO Network with out seriously considering Cisco.

However, there is 1 device that I often find a need for that I can't find in the Cisco Small Business on-prem lineup.  A smart managed 5 port gig switch that is Powered by POE and has POE Passthrough power (POE-PD) to 2 of the other ports... I am currently having to deploy the Trendnet TPE-P521ES or the Netgear GS105PEThese devices come in really handy. I wish Cisco had a version.

Perhaps I have overlooked a Cisco switch that would do this?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X