Views
Helpful
Replies

Only about 30MByte/s on SG500X between vm and Windows Client

spelzetter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just bought 3 SG500X-48 switches and after some starting tests I try to bring them to production. I use esx 5.5 server with 8x1GB Interfaces direct connected to the switch with new cat6 cables and there are 6 virtual machines on it. On the esx I created a vSwitch with teaming on ip hash with all 8 nic's. On the switch I created a lag without lacp.

I have a really flat network, without any vlan yet. I just tried to copy some data on a virtual machine. It seemed to be slow to me, so I started useing jpperf (iperf) to test the data transmission. I was really suprised, that I can get not more that 30 MByte/s on that net.

The virtual machine is a quite new windows 2012 R2 server, with vmware net3 driver 4 proc and 16 gb ram.

The testing client is also direct connected to that switch.

Any suggestion why I can't get more net performance?

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Spelzetter, if all of the links are participating in the link aggregation, the one thing I've seen most commonly is actually the software / driver on the Window's NIC needing to be updated. If you're still not getting the desired results you may just need to trial and error the load balance mechanism on the Server until you get the result within 10% of what you want.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/