Views
Helpful
Replies

Probably bricked SRW2016??

rpaz_htisa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By recommendations of a person in cisco support chat I've uploaded SRW2016 firmware to the switch via tftp whithout uploading first the bootloader. When the switch restarted, I was unable to get a connection by ip address. So I connected the switch by console and that isn't working either. I used putty and hyper terminal with recommended port settings (38400 - 8 N 1) with a serial cable and a serial to usb cable without success. Both programs are unresponsible and the screen remains blank when connected

Any ideas??

Thanks

R

7 Replies 7

jesreard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rodrigo,

Could you provide a bit more information:

• What version of the firmware did you have, and which did you try to upload?
  • Do you get any output on the terminal when you power-cycle the device?

Thank you!

-Jessica

Hi Jessica,

- I had the 1.0.0.86 version and I tried to upload 1.2.2 version. (ls20xx_salsa-12222.ros)

- When I power cycle the switch nothing happens on the terminal, i've tried that with different speeds from default, to 38400 to 115200 and with hardware emulation and none.

Thanks for your reply,

Rodrigo

Hey Rodrigo, can you try to upload the boot loader and firmware with the xmodem.  Attached is a link to show how to upload the firmware using the xmodem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9967/products_qanda_item09186a0080a36381.shtml

Hi,

Wouldn't I need to access the switch by console cable to be able to do that? Anyway, the link isn't working for me, it's redirecting me to this page:

http://www.cisco.com/msgs/403.html

Thanks,

R

Rodrigo,

Have attached a PDF of the page linked to by previous poster.

Thanks for the file James. I tried that option and I get "no response from remote system" in hyperterminal

I guess there are no other options now...

Mr. Paz,

I would contact the SBSC at 866-606-1866 and let them open up a troubleshooting ticket and if need be they can setup an rma if your still under hardware warranty.