Views
Helpful
Replies

PSA: Avoid CBS350 Switches - Critical POE Defect

d0nni3q84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I'm writing to let you know that there is a critical POE defect in the CBS350 switches and you should avoid them if you require stable POE operations. This apparent software defect causes POE ports to randomly fault after 8 to 12 hours and the powered device will go offline. Cisco does not have a resolution, workaround, or timeline to address this situation.

Please help Cisco prioritize this issue by opening a TAC case if you are experiencing this issue. Additionally, please escalate this for additional visibility through your sales channels.

All the best!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

d0nni3q84
Level 1
Level 1

During beta testing with Cisco TAC, I can confirm this issue is resolved in Software version 3.1.1.10 and MCU version 0xF0. Unfortunately, I do not have a release timeline available; however, I encourage you to reach out to Cisco TAC if you are experiencing this issue.

View solution in original post

53 Replies 53

jimstewart77
Level 1
Level 1

Can't say that I have seen this on CBS350-10Ps, which switch model/s are you experiencing this on and which devices are falling over?

I'm observing this on CBS350-24P-4G and CBS350-8P-E-2G running 3.1.1.7 firmware. What version of firmware are you running?

What PDs are faulting?

This issue happens on ports that do not have any powered devices connected. For the ports that do have powered devices, they are:

• Ubiquiti Access Point AC Long-Range (UAP-AC-LR)
  • Ubiquiti Camera G3 Bullet (UVC-G3-BULLET)

And what happens when they fault?