Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scrambled PoE status on sg350x-24P

I have run into something odd and cannot seem to clear the error. This is a sg350x-24p unit with latest firmware. The LED status for PoE is showing up on incorrect ports. This is also true in the web interface. Under PoE settings, the ports show incorrectly. It’s consistent in its error so it’s not random. Under the web interface under system summary, the graphic display also shows the incorrect LED PoE status being shown. The system is fully factory restored and default configuration.  
Here is the summary of the status error. I am using an Avigilon PoE camera to test. The consumption is roughly 3 watts and is displayed, but on the wrong port or not at all on some.

port 1 - shows 22

port 2 - shows 21

port 3 - shows 3 (correct)

port 4 - shows 4 (correct)

port 5 - shows no Status anywhere but PoE is active

port 6 - shows no Status anywhere but PoE is active

port 7 - no PoE power but supports non-PoE device

port 8 - shows no Status anywhere but PoE is active

port 9 - shows 5

port 10 - shows 6

port 11 - shows 7

port 12 - shows 8

port 13 - shows 9

port 14 - shows 10

port 15 - shows 15 (correct)

port 16 - shows 16 (correct)

port 17 - shows no status anywhere but PoE is active

port 18 - no PoE power but supports non-PoE device

port 19 - shows no Status anywhere but PoE is active

port 20 - shows no Status anywhere but PoE is active

port 21 - shows 17

port 22 - shows 18

port 23 - shows 19

port 24 - shows 20

it seems the status is 4 off. Port 1-4 would roll around to port 22. Port 24-4 would be port 20 and so forth. Why only 4 ports show correctly is beyond me. 

Other than this odd status, everything is functioning and working fine (except for the 2 ports with no PoE power). Is there any chance the PoE firmware is scrambled and can be reloaded? Is there any Cli commands to reset all status and hopefully realign the correct status? This is a test device for my research so I can survive with the odd quark.I was wondering if anyone else has run across this peculiar activity.

You can see in the picture that port 7 is linked. The camera is plugged into port 23 but the PoE status led is showing port 19. The web interface shows the same as the visual observance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

An Update to problem. I found chip U8 was damaged. Purchased new PD69208M chip and replaced U8 with an OEM Microsemi 56QFN. All my problems disappeared and the status is correct and all ports are powered.

The system must poll the chips by series and not by location. since the chip was damaged, it through the series off by certain factor. Love the switch and its capabilities.

PD69208M.jpg

. New chip, correct status.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

An Update to problem. I found chip U8 was damaged. Purchased new PD69208M chip and replaced U8 with an OEM Microsemi 56QFN. All my problems disappeared and the status is correct and all ports are powered.

The system must poll the chips by series and not by location. since the chip was damaged, it through the series off by certain factor. Love the switch and its capabilities.

PD69208M.jpg

. New chip, correct status.

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You had to contact STAC to RMA the switch and not deal with this hardware intervention. The switch comes with Cisco LLW which in your case is applicable and your device is covered.

Thanks