Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 switch NTP not working

niuoras01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an SG200-08 and can't get NTP to work.  The relevant lines of my configuration are below:

sntp client mode unicast

sntp unicast client poll-interval 16

sntp server pool.ntp.org enable

clock summer-time recurring USA zone EDT

clock timezone -5 minutes 0 zone EST

I can ping the above time server pool.ntp.org using the switch's built-in ping tool, meaning that default gateway and DNS are configured properly and the switch can reach the server.  It doesn't even try to synchronize (tcpdump doesn't show any NTP packets).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

3 Replies 3

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Nick

didn't you missed this command?

clock source sntp

in your case switch does not have reason to reach NTP server as by default the clock source isn't NTP (but browser instead as I think).

Thanks, the clock source sntp command isn't in my config file although it is reflected in the Web GUI (the Clock Source radio button is correctly set to SNTP).

Anyway, I rebooted the switch and a few minutes later, it got the correct time via SNTP.  Looks like it just needed a reboot.  I work mainly in Linux so I'm not used to rebooting my devices to apply changes :-).

Thanks

Nick

As default clock source is set to "browser", then you should see "clock source sntp" in your config file. If it wasn't included, then it wasn't applied into running configuration and NTP hasn't takes place. Could you please check (now after switch reboot) if that line is present in configuration? If yes, then there is some bug in WebGUI not applying NTP change to running configuration. Normally there shouldn't be reason to use reboot for enabling such feature like NTP client is.