cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG250X-48 // RV340 - Multiple VLANs

jasonreg416
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,  I am slowly getting to the correct configuration thanks to a lot of assistance from this forum.  I am at the point where the VLANs are created and I can access the internet from each device and I can ping devices on other VLANs.  I can also access devices on the other VLANs however I cannot ping or access any devices on the default VLAN 1 (where I have my WAPs plugged in, shared printers etc.).  More importantly while I can access the router (RV340) I cannot access the Switch from a computer connected to one of the VLANs.  

What do I need to do?  Thanks in advance - Jason

3 Replies 3

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @jasonreg416 ,

Could you make a diagram of your current network, explaining how your devices are configured?

Regards

I can try.

Internet Modem -> Router (RV340) -> (LAG on ports 2/3/4) Switch (SG250X-48).  All devices including WAPs are wired into Switch.  3 VLANs are created 16, 18 and 20 for Home Office, Audio/Visual, SONOS.  Shared printer is currently on VLAN 16.  WAPS are on default VLAN 1 as are wireless connected devices.  Does that make sense?

I can currently connect to other VLANs (i.e. control SONOS (VLAN 20) from my Home Office PC (VLAN 16)) but not from an iPhone on VLAN 1.

Interestingly I can ping the switch from a PC on VLAN 16 but cannot log into it …...