Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP get the Untagged and Tagged VLANs on a trunk port Cisco SG350X

Hello All.

Please, I need help with this. I need to view which VLANs are on a trunk port and know which are tagged or untagged in the Cisco SG350X. What OID give me that information?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

geoff.house
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Sebastian_Diaz_20 - did you ever find out how to do this? 

I'm just about ready to give up ....

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as I  understand it Cisco devices support only one untagged vlan on a trunk link , hence the information can be derived from the configuration and an snmp based effort would be overkill.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

geoff.house
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @marce1000 for your reply. For some reason I can't see it in the thread. Odd.

You're absolutely right.

I should have been more specific in my reply. I'm actually after the tagged vlans.

Looking at the supplied MIBs, the untagged vlans are available here:

... which works perfectly.
It looks like the tagged vlans should be listed this OID:
But those results give hex values of FF - ie the interfaces show that all VLANs are tagged - which isn't correct.

Older switches (SG300 etc) used to use a Hex String per VLAN - which we then had to decode to work out which interfaces tagged on each particular VLAN. The OID for this was:
Sadly this doesn't produce accurate results for the newer-style switches (SG350, SG500, SG550).

I'm slowly heading down the path of programatically logging into the device using SSH, then parsing the results - but this feels wrong. 

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks!
Geoff

- No specific solution for that , for the moment , note that you are not the original poster ; you may want to make new post/question with correct subject and content.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Of course. Thanks.