cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW 208G Advanced QoS

PeterB847
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of SRW 208G switches that have been used as straight unmanaged devices for a few years and I now want to use the QoS features.  However I cannot activate the advanced QoS mode on the QoS/CoS Settings page and I cannot create any policies without the advanced mode activated.  What am I doing wrong?

7 Replies 7

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

Is it giving you error or simply not active option? You may try with different browser. Unfortunately those switches are end of life for some quite time and at the same time all browser were updated several times. They may simply not be compatible anymore.

Regards,

Aleksandra

I have had a lot of fun with browsers but I now use an IE tab within Chrome and that works OK.  There is no error, just the advanced option on the CoS screen is grayed out and I can't select it - as if I have to set up something else before I can enable it.

Tried a factory rest, setting up ACL's, VLAN's etc but nothing helps.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Please check QoS--> General--> QoS Properties you may need to enable Advanced QoS mode there first.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Aleksandra

There is no "General" under QoS.  If I select QoS I get page headings "CoS, "Queue Settings", "DSCP Settings", Bandwidth"', "Basic" & "Advanced".  Under CoS there is a drop down for setting the QoS mode, the choices are "Disabled", "Basic" and "Advanced".but Advanced is grayed out and cannot be selected.

Hi Peter,

I am sorry for the delay. I understand you have the old model. Please take a look on the admin guide page 38 it maybe useful:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/srw208/administration/guide/srw208.pdf

Regards,

Aleksandra

Yep, read all of that but nothing there tells me why advanced mode QoS will not enable.

Hi Peter,

Let me try to find one of those switches and verify. would it be possible for you to send me copy of the running configuration to my email: adargiel@cisco.com

Thank you in advance,

Aleksandra