cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH CLI issues on SG350X

paveldudaibm
Level 1
Level 1

I have SG350X switches and I'm experiencing pretty slow ssh connectivity when using it for management - console port with 9600b is probably much faster then what I see when using SSH :-)

Another issue is when I try to copy'n'paste configuration when using CLI over SSH. The switch administration console freezes at some point (see below) and I'm not able to use even the console port (which works wo issues).Switch itself works fine otherwise but it is not possible to open any ssh connection to it and as I stated before to even use the direct console connection. After 2-3 minutes the switch CLI starts responding again.

I tried to update to 2.4.0.94 but the issue remains. Is it normal or some known bug?? Is the SSH CLI management really that painfully slow?

Example:

my config I'm trying to copy over to switch

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1

description unknown
 switchport access vlan 20
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
 switchport access vlan 101
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/3
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4
!

when doing over SSH it results in:

(config-if)#interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
description unknown
switchport access vlan 20

<<< CONSOLE FREEZES HERE >>>

5 Replies 5

paveldudaibm
Level 1
Level 1
OK it seems that the freezing is related to copy from some of the editors so there is something happening during the transfer of clipboard, interestingly ASA55xx or 3560 or 2950 devices do not have any problem when copy/paste basically same config (transferring configuration between old 3550 to these new devices).

I am seeing the same thing on SG350X and SG300 switches using SSH.

I can reproduce the issue when pasting any text with a line break.  All admin functions freeze for several minutes (ssh, telnet, and web interface) but it passes traffic and pings with no packet loss.

I have found the issue doesn't happen if I use telnet.  I hate using an unencrypted connection but I've found it the only way to reliably paste a config to these switches.

I'm seeing the exact same thing, but the symptoms can be reproduced much easier: simply holding down the enter key at the command prompt does the trick. When doing so, I'm getting two or three prompts, after which the SSH session freezes for about 20 seconds. Simultaneously, the console session freezes as well.

Using FW version 2.4.0.94 on an SG350XG-2F10.

Here it is over a year since the last post, and I had this problem too. Easy to replicate by hiting enter multiple times as @ChocolateMoose mentioned.

Try upgrading to the latest firmware (which as of right now is 2.5.0.90). You may be hitting bug CSCvk75871 which was resolved in 2.4.5.71

CSCvk75871 Symptom: Copying and pasting multiple CLI commands to a console via SSH causes device management to get stuck.

Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf_sg250/release_notes/2_5_0_90_RN.pdf

dylanvillarruel
Level 1
Level 1

HI

Try removing the line breaks. They cause the freezing sometimes on the SG series.

Regards,

Dylan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X