cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Still cannot change password on CBS250/350 switch

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

This is getting old.  https://community.cisco.com/t5/switches-small-business/cannot-change-password-on-cbs250-switch/m-p/4664115#M26387 discusses this problem, a NON Cisco person replies says to try a new firmware build it but it does NOT fix it.  Annoying bugs like these are enough to find a new vendor.  There's just no excuse for it and the lack of response from Cisco is just another nail in the proverbial coffin.  

Cisco: WHEN WILL YOU FIX THIS?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Cisco: WHEN WILL YOU FIX THIS?
 - This is not the right place to ask that because the forum is user based only , go to : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Funny how Cisco employees routinely reply in these forums.  Furthermore, it's important that customers and potential customers know what bugs they will be dealing with when they buy Cisco products.  Bug fixing has never been high on Cisco's priority list and the list of bugs they ignore or refuse to fix is quite long.  People considering buying Cisco equipment deserve to know that, sales reps sure aren't going to tell them, so yeah, I'll keep reporting bugs here as should everyone else.

Hi,

In general, If you have a service contract, or in your case with the CBS250/350 you would normally open a service request with TAC and they would be responsible for filing a bug request, which would then get fixed by our development team.

Whatever your experiencing is not a bug that is effecting 99% of users.  I have had zero issues setting simple passwords on CBS350s.  Mine is of the form 12krackenn i.e. 2 types(number and lowercase) 10 characters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X