Views
Helpful
Replies

Switchport access removed.

mohdashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a switch SG500 28G POE stackable. See my config below in my switch and this is the corect configuration with no issue.

interface gigabitethernet1/1/2

description Dlink-SW-GSD-4-IPphones-No5

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 20,440

This port has been used for iphone for vlan 20 and 440. Suddenly just when the issue comes, iphone cannot be used and i check the configuration as shown below.

Looks like it has been deleted automatically. If you have any idea why this occue it would much appreaciated.

Regards,

Ashraf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mohd, if the configuration is 'disappearing' it is probably because the smart ports over write your configuration which is the likely result you have an upstream device advertising something different.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mohdashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Update: I added it back to this interface same configuration and write memory. Its still occur this issue.

Hope this will be more clear description.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ashraf

Try the following commands

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan id (just to be on safe side)

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 20,440

Hi Mohd, if the configuration is 'disappearing' it is probably because the smart ports over write your configuration which is the likely result you have an upstream device advertising something different.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Bravo. I tried to disable smartport for port gigabitethernet1/1/2 for 3 days and it works.

Thanks a lot.

-ashraf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X