Views
Helpful
Replies

Vonage phones with Cisco SF300-24 Port Voive Issue

tech.linkwave
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I have 1 Cisco 1941 router and 3 Cisco SF300-24 Port Switches and all devices are in Layer 3 mode. and connected to each other, I have configured VLAN and configure inter Vlan Communication too with DHCP per vlan...and GVRP ....everything is working fine.

but there is an issues:

one of my Vonage VOIP device is connected to the SF300 port and my computer is connected to that Vonage. Internet is working fine on that computer but Vonage is not working find, when i am trying to make or receive calls other party can not hear me at all. some time they can hear me and some times not....i believe it's a Voice Vlan issues...as i din't create or configure the Voice Vlan. 

Can you tell me how to create a voice vlan and assign the port to Voice Vlan and Data Vlan at the same time and give the priority to Voice traffic over data.

Thanks,

Sandy

2 Replies 2

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I saw this post coincidentally and it may help you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/12378426/demo-ciscos-smb-switches-patented-auto-voice-deployment-vs-competitors

However, what you describe sounds more like a routing problem.  You would be better off leaving switches in L2 mode and do routing on the router.  the way you have now you have two routers connected together so you voice has route twice before internet and it may be problematic for voice traffic to return to your voice VLAN because it is not directly connected to your router, but 2 hops away.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Actually i have Cisco 1941/K9 connected to internet and configured with NAT and site to site VPN to my Head Office, so i do not wanted it to do Inter Vlan routing, to reduce the load ...so that's why i changed the mood of switches from L2 to L3.... 

i have 3 cisco sf 300 switches, Switch 1 is connected to 2 and 2 is connected to 3. and again 3 is connected to 1. all 3 switches are in ROUTER/L3 mood and providing Vlan services, DHCP and inter Vlan routing. 

is this setup incorrect ? 

Thanks,

Sandy