目前运行的版本:cat4500e-universal.SPA.03.06.00.E.152-2.E.bin

升级版本:cat4500e-universal.SPA.03.11.03a.E.152-7.E3a.bin

需求:两台4506-E配置的VSS,升级IOS版本,使其支持SSH,请问如何升级IOS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, upgrade the ROMMON to, a minimum, 15.0(1R)SG11 (Upgrading the System Software).  If possible, go straight to 15.0(1r)SG16.

Next, a direct upgrade from 3.6.X to 3.11.X can be done.  

And finally, a working upgrade process can be found HERE.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, upgrade the ROMMON to, a minimum, 15.0(1R)SG11 (Upgrading the System Software).  If possible, go straight to 15.0(1r)SG16.

Next, a direct upgrade from 3.6.X to 3.11.X can be done.  

And finally, a working upgrade process can be found HERE.

请问下不升级ROMMON版本,能直接升级IOS版本吗?

@jianhongzhang2438 wrote:

请问下不升级ROMMON版本,能直接升级IOS版本吗?

If the ROMMON is not upgraded, the supervisor card will not boot the newer firmware.  

请问下,为了使交换机支持ssh功能,怎么操作最方便,最容易,影响业务时间最短

请问下,为了使交换机支持ssh功能,怎么操作最方便,最容易,影响业务时间最短

I am not really "concerned" about SSH.  What keeps me up at night is the fact that the switch is running, the following: 

1. 3.6.0 - Last digit is a "0".  It means this is the first version to be released for the 3.6.X train.  Translation:  Buggy AF. 
  2. Next, security vulnerabilities.  I am not even going to attempt to search what nasties are found on this specific version.  

Firmware upgrade, including ROMMON upgrade, will take about 30 minutes.  Set everything up (as per the instructions I have provided) and then schedule the chassis to reboot at 7:00 in the morning. 

First, upgrade the ROMMON to, a minimum, 15.0(1R)SG11 (Upgrading the System Software).  If possible, go straight to 15.0(1r)SG16,这台交换机不支持15.0(1r)SG16,可以用15.0(1r)SG15,再然后再升级ios版本吗,谢谢

这台交换机不支持15.0(1r)SG16

Sure.  Go with 15.0(1r)SG15. 

Please read the instructions I have provided.  Cisco's instructions require TWO (2) reboots:  One for the ROMMON upgrade and one more for the IOS.  My instructions only requires a single reboot.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card