Views
Helpful
Replies

100 M copper, on a ME 3600X-24FS ?

dheinen
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps someone has this in operation?

So far, I have not been able to find a definitive answer,  just speculation.

ME3600X-24FS switch (all SFP ports).

Is there a way to get 10/100 BaseT copper, using a CLC-T  or a SFP-GE-T ?

(or even just 100 copper).

Thank You !

Dean Heinen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dean,

Yes, you can use both these SFP on ME 3600 switch, please see the detail below,

Cisco ME 3600X-24FS (fiber) with 24 Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ ports

SFP-GE-T= 1000BASE-T SFP transceiver module for Category 5 copper wire, extended operating temperature range, RJ-45 connector

SFP-GE-T is Cisco fiber optic transceiver that works with 1000Base-T. SFP-GE-T is with extended working temperature and it is with DOM support.  SFP-GE-T is small form transceiver with RJ45 connector interface and it is with spring latch for high density applications, SFP-GE-T is low power dissipation and it is hot pluggable.

Minimum Software Release Required for SFP-GE-T (10/100/1000)

DOM Support: 12.2(52)EY

Cisco IOS Release: 12.2(52)EY

=====================================================

GLC-T is 1000Base SFP fiber optic transceiver module via Category 5 copper line, Cisco GLC-T fiber transceiver provide 1Gbps data transfer and it provides full-duplex Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to high-end workstations and between wiring closets over existing copper network infrastructure

Minimum Software Release Required for GLC-T (10/100/1000)

Refer:

Cisco ME 3600X Series Ethernet Access Switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps6568/ps10956/data_sheet_c78-601946.html

Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dean,

Yes, you can use both these SFP on ME 3600 switch, please see the detail below,

Cisco ME 3600X-24FS (fiber) with 24 Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ ports

SFP-GE-T= 1000BASE-T SFP transceiver module for Category 5 copper wire, extended operating temperature range, RJ-45 connector

SFP-GE-T is Cisco fiber optic transceiver that works with 1000Base-T. SFP-GE-T is with extended working temperature and it is with DOM support.  SFP-GE-T is small form transceiver with RJ45 connector interface and it is with spring latch for high density applications, SFP-GE-T is low power dissipation and it is hot pluggable.

Minimum Software Release Required for SFP-GE-T (10/100/1000)

DOM Support: 12.2(52)EY

=====================================================

GLC-T is 1000Base SFP fiber optic transceiver module via Category 5 copper line, Cisco GLC-T fiber transceiver provide 1Gbps data transfer and it provides full-duplex Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to high-end workstations and between wiring closets over existing copper network infrastructure

Minimum Software Release Required for GLC-T (10/100/1000)

Refer:

Cisco ME 3600X Series Ethernet Access Switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps6568/ps10956/data_sheet_c78-601946.html

Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

Aru,

Thanks for the clarification and information !

Dean Heinen

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card