cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10G Copper SFP+ for C9500-16X

nic-m
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community, I'm looking for the possibility to connect 10Gb rj45 copper to a C9500-16X

However

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com

only lists 1Gb copper modules (and all of them are in end of sales) for that model.

I found out there is:

SFP-10G-T-X

but it is only listed as compatible on other models of the 9500 family (namely the C9500-24Y4C and C9500-48Y4C models) so I'm completely stuck and would like to know if some of you is using this or any other 10Gb copper module on a C9500-16X or if it's not possible at all.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the Matrix says not compatable, i would wait for the support - since Cisco test the SFP and Post the results.

Other hand i have some users posted they do with 3rd party SFP, but Cisco TAC will not accept any case if you have 3rd part SFP.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the Matrix says not compatable, i would wait for the support - since Cisco test the SFP and Post the results.

Other hand i have some users posted they do with 3rd party SFP, but Cisco TAC will not accept any case if you have 3rd part SFP.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ok, thank you for the clarification

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Sometimes, the documents or the matrix don't get updated as often. You may want to try a cable or 2 here and test it for yourself. They have great customer service, the products usually work well, and prices are very reasonable. 

https://www.fs.com/c/10g-sfp-dac-1114

HTH

I agree with @Reza Sharifi

I totally understand why everything needs to be kept within the same "family" or environment, however, Cisco's optics BU are six to eight months behind everything and everyone. 

In order to use Cisco-branded SFP-10G-T-X it boils down to firmware.  It can be the availability of a platform firmware that can support the optics or bugs in the firmware about the optics.  

A lot of third-party optics vendor, like FS.com, has been able to market Cisco compatible optics without the need for the risk inherited by using Cisco-branded optics. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco