cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10Gbit fibre behavior

David Krnjak
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, can you suggest me what to check / troubleshoot before replacing Fibre cable. Let’s say similar to show interface and checking late collisions and collisions. I have quite strong feeling that problem is in the fibre cable which is not so easy to replace. I would check everything that I can before going with replacement. We are waiting for fluke testing so this will be final test nonetheless if you can give me some idea before fluke test I would be grateful

Link is ok on low utilization, once iSCSI puts it on high utilization connections starts to brake. Current config is 4507 - 10G - 2960.

THANKS.

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is you iSCSI path 1Gig?

Yes, that is correct. Do you see a possible problem?

Majed Saeed
Level 1
Level 1

hi david ,

see to check stabilty for any calbe regardless of its type ( utp , fiber .....etc ) make sure in interface properties that all

error and collision are null ,  See below demonstration :

(1) asw03#sh int gigabitEthernet 1/1

GigabitEthernet1/1 is up, line protocol is up (connected)

(2) then go to down in properties till reach this below :

reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 ........this should be alway 255/255 , if the figure has been reduced , it means there is faulty ..

(3)

Received 956 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles

0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort

0 watchdog, 0 multicast, 0 pause input

0 input packets with dribble condition detected Received 956 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     0 watchdog, 0 multicast, 0 pause input
     0 input packets with dribble condition detected   

All should be zeros ....................

Majed

I'll give it a go tomorrow. THNX.

Try this command:  sh controller e

Brutally strange but nothing seems to be wrong, judging from the CISCO. Nonetheless we will check optical cable to be sure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card