Views
Helpful
Replies

10Gig ports on 6509 Supervisor card

turingmachine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts;

I am planning to implement a 6509 switch with two supervisor cards, each supervisor card has two 10Gig ports, I like to know if the 10Gig ports on both supervisor cards are operational and can be used even one of the supervisor card is active and the other sup card is not.

Thanks;

Juan

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@turingmachine wrote:

I am planning to implement a 6509 switch with two supervisor cards, each supervisor card has two 10Gig ports, I like to know if the 10Gig ports on both supervisor cards are operational and can be used even one of the supervisor card is active and the other sup card is not.

Yes, both ports are operational.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes even though it standby, you can use both the ports and active.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you Balaji;

This question was very important to me because we are planning to use the ports from each of the supervisor cards to connect to our ISP as a temporary basis. If for some reason you think we can't use these ports as Layer-3 as temporary basis please let me know.

Thank you;

Juan

we are using all the time connecting those links connect to our DC, never seen any issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BTW, I recall (?) sup720 10g ports have performance limitations compared to some of the 10g port line cards.

Sup32 10g did not have this issue.

Unsure about sup2t.

Thank you Joseph for your response. I'll take into consideration your response.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card