cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1921 4 port GB ethernet issue

victor
Level 1
Level 1

We tried to install a 4 port gigE card into the back slot and it didn't show up.

Apparently it's saying that it can only support one gigE switch...is it counting the two onboard ports as that switch?

Can I disable them to get it to recognize the card or is it the T1 card that's messing me up?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Victor,

See the below link which will help you in installing the additional cards in router free slosts.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/ic/hardware/installation/guide/inst_ic.html

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

My view is that you are referring to EHWIC-4ESG module. If so you should be OK when installing qty 1 of this module in addition to onboard ethernet ports. The T1 card should poses no problem as the modules that cannot be installed in the same chassis at the same time include only EHWIC-4ESW, EHWIC-4ESW-POE, HWIC-D-9ESW, HWIC-D-9ESW-POE, NM-16ESW and NM-36ESW. You should be running however IOS release 15.1(2) IP Base or higher.

Best regards,

Antonin

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I am sorry to notice I made typo in my previous mail: The minimum IOS version should read 15.1(2)T IP Base.

Best regards,

Antonin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card