cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1941W Wireless config

denstjames
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a 1941w router to see if we want to use this to replace our existing routers and external access points. At each of our locations we have 1  subnet that has a server, AP, router, switch, etc.

I would like to configure the AP and the router in the 1941w in the same subnet but cannot figure out how to do this. If I setup the wlan-ap0 interface with an IP in the subnet I am using it will not let me assign an IP from that same subnet to any of the ethernet interfaces. It says they overlap.

No matter what I do I cant seem to use the same IP on both. I could if I purchased a 1941 without wireless and then purchased an aironet so why cant I do it when they are in the same box?

I'm not a cisco expert so I assume I'm just not doing something right. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

You need to configure a bridged interface that is linked to your ethernet-interface and your wlan-ap0-interface. On the bridged-interface you set the IP-address. Search on cisco's website to set it up.

Thank you for the reply but when I try to bridge the wlan-ap0 interfae it says it does not support bridging. This is the command I used:

bridge-group 1

This isthe output I get

wlan-ap0 does not support bridging

Any other ideas?

Maybe this link will help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1900/software/configuration/guide/wlan.html

Haven't looked though it, but if there is an answer for your question, it should be there.

I think the very first thing they show might be the thing you are looking for.

You need to create a vlan en BVI interface in you're config

!

ip dhcp pool LAN-WiFi

import all

network 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0

dns-server 194.109.6.66 194.109.9.99

default-router 192.168.0.1

domain-name WORKGROUP

lease 7

!

!

interface wlan-ap0

ip unnumbered BVI1

arp timeout 0

no mop enabled

no mop sysid

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

no ip address

duplex auto

speed auto

no cdp enable

bridge-group 1

hold-queue 100 out

!

interface Vlan1

no ip address

bridge-group 1

!

interface BVI1

ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

no ip route-cache

!

and do not forget

bridge 1 protocol ieee
bridge 1 route ip

in you're AP config you can set both ( 2.4 and 5Ghz ) to the vlan1

now the LAN and WLAN have the same IP range.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card