Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 bandwidth

There are 2 offices, between offices a dedicated channel of 1 gigabit. The ends are cisco 2821. I can not use the 1 Gigabit channel for all power. Maximum achieves the transfer speed on the port 490-500 MB/s, although the port is 1 Gb at 2821.
Can you tell me why? This is the maximum that I can squeeze? I do not use NAT.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The 2821 is fast-path rated 170 Kpps for minimum size Ethernet packets, which supports about 87 Mbps. You're transfer rate will increase as the packet size increases, but the 2821 is not a (sustained) gig capable router (even though it has gig interfaces).

To support a gig rate (duplex?) you would want a performance upgraded 4451 or a entry ASR 1K.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The 2821 is fast-path rated 170 Kpps for minimum size Ethernet packets, which supports about 87 Mbps. You're transfer rate will increase as the packet size increases, but the 2821 is not a (sustained) gig capable router (even though it has gig interfaces).

To support a gig rate (duplex?) you would want a performance upgraded 4451 or a entry ASR 1K.

Thanks for the answer ! It's strange, then why the speed when copying files or the test (iperf) reaches 500Mbps on the cisco interface 2821

Likely due to larger packet sizes.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: