cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 Router with multiple providers

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 router with a bonded T1 coming in the Gi0/0 port. I also have a DSL router in bridge mode connected to a fastethernet module card. I have the public IP of the DSL on the fa0/2/0 port and can ping from internal nd from the router. I would like to set ip up such that all traffic to a certain public address goes out the DSL linka nd not the T1 link.

I am stumped. I have nat outside statements on both outide interfaces but cannot ping externally through the DSL circuit. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

To send traffic to a certain destination you need policy-based routing. As example, lets say I want traffic going out 66.66.66.66 and 77.77.77.77 to be sent out DSL.

1. Create ACL to match your desired destinations.

ip access-list extended SPECIAL

permit ip any host 66.66.66.66

permit ip any host 77.77.77.77

2.   Create a route-map that matches above ACL

route-map OUT-FROM-DSL permit 10

match ip address SPECIAL

set ip next-hop 1.1.1.1   <----------------Assuming that your next hop for DSL is 1.1.1.1

or

set  interface <>  <------------DSL interface

route-map OUT-FROM-DSL permit 20

the first entry in route-map matches the flow configured through ACL and sets the next-hop as DSL overriding regular routing result. The second seqency does not matches or sets any attribute, so it matches all that is not matched by first entry and does normal routing.

3.   Apply the policy on the incoming interface. Assuming that your local interface is fa0/0

int fa0/0

ip policy route-map OUT-FROM-DSL

You are done...

If hope this post helps. Please mark as answered and rate if you find it helpful.

Regards,

Sebastian Fernandez

I entered all fo that but when I do a ping or traceroute to the address I entered it is still goign out my T1 connection not my DSL circuit. When you say to put the i policy to the local interface. Should that be on the internet facing interface or the interface that connects to my local LAN?

Policy to be applied on the LAN facing interface. Send me the configuration that you have applied.

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card