cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 Web GUI is Very Slow but everything else normal

rbauer
Level 1
Level 1

The web GUI on our new 2960 comes up very slow and pauses and sticks at random places. The ip http server and secure servers are enabled in the config. Eventually the GUI does appear, but it takes up to a minute. Other wise the switch is running perfectly -- telnet and ssh to it are lightning fast, and it's passing all it's user and trunk port traffic normal. What could be the problem with this GUI ? Note: the client PC is fine with other devices, appliances, and general internet browsing, so I don't think it's Internet Explorer. It's almost as if the 2960 is pausing on every html or graphics file it wants to display. Oh, and I should also add, it's running 12.2(40)SE C2960-LANBASEK9-M

Any suggestions ?

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the same issue from other client PC's to this switch? What version of java plugin is installed on the local pc?

The Java is 1.5.0_11 I've also tried from other PCs running a variety of releases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card