cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960C not compatible with CNA

bridgepartners
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that the new 2960C switches are not compatible with CNA version 5.6.3:

Unsupported Device Type: WS-C2960CG-8TC-L

Cannot add device xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to community

Not impressive. If they are not manageable via CNA there is not much point sticking to Cisco for this type of switch. Does anyone know differently?

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bllang
Level 1
Level 1

First, thanks for using CNA and for buying the new -C switches. Secondly, look for support for the majority of -C devices around the middle of October, 2011. CNA should auto-update as soon as we ship the new device support.

If you have a critical need we can possibly get you an early build.

CNA is still in active development. We appreciate the feedback - even if it's just to hear that you're frustrated with the speed of device support.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dont use CNA myself but I believe thats a correct statement.  Cisco seems to be very slow in updating the packages for CNA , probably because its a free product.

CNA is very useful for certain operations, even for switch experts. For example, adding port descriptions is very easy using CNA, and it also displays an overview of a community of switches well.

The whole point of the new compact switches is that they are meant to intergrate with your current management infrastructure.

Daniel

Release notes seem to indicate that they are supported verify your IOS levels are at these minmums.  If its a brand new model of 2960 then it might not be supported yet . Maybe you can get ahold of a cisco rep to check to see when the next release for CNA will be. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version5_0/release/notes/OL12210a.html#wp775699

2960S --- 12.2.53SE1

2960's --- 12.2.25 FX

bllang
Level 1
Level 1

First, thanks for using CNA and for buying the new -C switches. Secondly, look for support for the majority of -C devices around the middle of October, 2011. CNA should auto-update as soon as we ship the new device support.

If you have a critical need we can possibly get you an early build.

CNA is still in active development. We appreciate the feedback - even if it's just to hear that you're frustrated with the speed of device support.

Thanks!

Thank you for the update William. We have no especially critical need.

I think that it would be helpful if the incompatibility were referenced either on the 2960-C product page or the CNA page. I posted here so that other people would know that there is a problem.

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: